Pineapple Upside Down Cake
½ pineapple peeled and sliced into thin rounds
100g caster sugar
150g sifted self raising flour
¼ pint milk
Glace cherries to decorate
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220c/425f/Gas7.
- Put the pineapple slices and 50g of sugar into an oven-proof frying pan. Heat very gently until the sugar has melted and the pineapple is caramelised.
- Mix the flour, eggs and milk in a bowl. Add the remaining 50g sugar. The mixture should be reasonably thick.
- Pour the cake mixture over the caramelised pineapple slices and place the frying pan in the oven.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn onto a plate – add glace cherries to decorate.