- 10oz/ 275g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- ½ sachet easy yeast
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Hot water
- 4oz/110g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bananas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- ¼ pint/150ml whipped cream, crème fraîche or thick Greek-style yoghurt
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: Makes 4 small or 1 large pizza
- Sieve the flour and salt into a large bowl with the yeast. Stir in the warmed water according to the yeast packet instructions and the oil, mix well until smooth and then knead for 2-3 minutes on a floured surface until smooth.
- Place in a clean bowl, cover with film and set aside until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate gently in a pan with the cream and sugar. When melted and smooth set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F/gas Mark 8. Knead the dough again on a floured surface and divide into 4 small pieces. Roll or pull out the pieces into 4in rounds and place on baking trays.
- Spread the pizza dough with the chocolate sauce. Cut the banana into not too thin slices and toss in lemon juice. Arrange over the chocolate and then place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the edges are puffy and turning golden and the base crisp.
- To serve top with spoonfuls of whipped cream and sprinkle on the flaked almonds.