Barbecued Prawns and Banana
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 25g/1oz sugar
- 1/2 tsp. grated root ginger
- 175ml/6floz pineapple juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 large tiger prawns, peeled
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into 16 pieces
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into 3.5cm/11/2inch cubes
- 8 small mushrooms, wiped (optional)
Preparation Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 - 6 minutes
Try this combination of fruit and prawns basted in a tropic sauce.
- Mix together the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and pineapple juice. Season well.
- Thread the prawns, banana, pepper pieces and mushrooms alternatively onto 8 skewers. Brush with the sauce and put over the hot coals of the barbecue or under a preheated grill. Cook for 4 – 6 minutes turning once. Serve with any of the remaining sauce
If using wooden skewers soak for 30 minutes in cold water before using.