Banana and Grape Sabayon
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced into even sized pieces
- 175g/6oz seedless crisp white or red grapes, halved
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 50g/2oz caster sugar
- 2tbsp. Marsala wine or sweet or dry sherry
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
A hot, fruit dessert made from Marsala or sherry of your choice. Serve hot with sponge fingers or a crisp, sweet biscuit
- Mix the fruits together then divide up into 4 greased heat proof serving dishes.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and Marsala wine in a bowl over hot, simmering water. Whisk until the mixture is thick and leaves the trail of the whisk. Preheat the grill
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the fruit and place under the grill foe 1½ – 2 minutes or until pale golden brown.
- Serve at once.
Use an electric hand whisk, as it is quicker to prepare.
To ring the changes replace the grapes with other prepared seasonal fruit like strawberries, raspberries, plums etc.,
Testing note – this sauce should ideally be made 1 hour before using otherwise it separates.